It appears the CDC and Drs. Fauci and Birx have had another blow to their already fragile credibility. In his daily briefing yesterday, Governor Andrew Cuomo said this new data brings a “shocking” revelation to light. To those of us who have known the handling of this disease has been ridiculous, I’m sorry to disappoint you, but you probably won’t be “shocked.”
Governor Cuomo released some new data from over 100 hospitals across the state of New York involving more than 1,000 patients. The study found that “66% of new admissions were from people who had largely been sheltering at home. The next highest source of admissions was from nursing homes, 18%.” Governor Cuomo said, “This is a surprise. Overwhelmingly, the people were at home…these people were literally at home.”[i]
The results fly in the face of all those who have told us that if we stay at home, if we shelter-in-place, if we shut down the economy, if we don’t socialize, we will not get infected, and we will stop the spread of this virus. Well, guess what…they were wrong! Interestingly, the source reporting this study is not a “right wing conspiracy theorist,” and neither is governor Cuomo. In fact, Cuomo and CNBC are known quite well for being very liberal. So, why is this find important?
- It confirms what all of us “right wing conspiracy theorists” have been saying all along—the shelter-in-place doesn’t work. Immunity is compromised by avoidance not exposure. Herd immunity is the only way to get through this virus, and that requires the reopening of the economy.
- It confirms that Drs. Fauci and Birx are, at best, completely ignorant of how viruses work or at worst, have some kind of agenda (which has been exposed by multiple sources on several platforms, all of which have been removed from those platforms). Let me add this, platforms have no authority to take the role of editor. Platforms such as Youtube, Facebook, Twitter etc., are not editors; this is very important.
- It confirms that Americans need to get out and get back to work.
Now, Why do I continually bring this up? People are being given so many conflicting results. Remember, data is always more reliable than scientific theories, charts, or models. If you present this information to someone, and they tell you it isn’t reliable, ask them a simple question, “Why not?” Listen carefully to their explanation:
- Be sure it is coherent. People will try to use heady terminology that laymen can’t understand to “explain” something, and the listener is so enamored with the terminology, they just assume the person is right; I see it in the IT and Theological worlds all the time.
- Be sure the explanation compares data with data. You cannot compare experience, quotes from experts, theories, assumptions, models, or charts with data. Anyone who disagrees has a bias or possibly an agenda.
I also continually sound this alarm because there is an underlying evil that is fueling this shutdown—socialism. This shutdown is the dream of socialists. Listen carefully to the people who are pointing out all the wonderful things about it. It is people who have advocated socialism in America for years. Anyone who thinks this doesn’t open the door for the restrictions of other freedoms in the future, and easy access to the restriction of those freedoms, has their head in the sand. And the only way to stop it is for us “right wing conspiracy theorists” to continue sounding the alarm, continue informing people, continue sharing our findings and research, and continue holding the feet of our politicians to the fire. So, please share this information so we can Make America Free Again!